Top New York Strip Clubs
1. Penthouse Executive Club Sex and dating Hell's KitchenThis club is remarkably refined and caters to bonus-laden financial types with well-padded expense accounts...though they do offer special discounts, such as complimentary admission with ticket stubs from same-day sporting events and packages for groups of five to 10 people ($350-$750). The city's most sought-after entertainers—veterans of the New York/Las Vegas/Miami megaclub scenes—perform here on the small stage that sits dead center, with two single-occupancy go-go platforms accommodating additional pole dancers upstairs. If your bonus hasn’t arrived yet, not to worry: A Jackson is all you need.
2. Sapphire This 10,000-square-foot club took over the old Scores space, but it’s a much classier affair: Inside, you'll find VIP cabana lounges, a private Scarlet Room complete with mirrors, flat-screen TVs and leather upholstery ($400 gets you 30 minutes of alone time) and gorgeous dancers who are talented and courteous, whether you’re there by yourself or with a group of friends. There are also plentiful VIP packages for bachelor and bachelorette parties, birthdays and even corporate events. 3. Rick’s Cabaret With three floors spanning 10,000 feet, privacy is no problem at Rick’s, which boasts a 40-foot neon bar, four stages and plentiful VIP suites. Bonus: If you show up between 11am and 3pm on a weekday, the club offers a surprisingly tasty $10 prix-fixe lunch (steak frites, salmon with asparagus and pistachio) plus $8 drinks—which is a steal even if you weren’t at a strip club. Expect to be treated well here, no matter how much cash you come in with.
4. Head Quarters There’s no stage at HQ, but the black leather and plush red banquettes make getting comfortable easy, and the hospitable staff has a genuine appreciation for repeat customers, doling out birthday phone calls, promotional freebies like baseball tickets and discounted dinner packages at the upstairs restaurant. On a weeknight, it’s quiet enough that you can spend time chatting with an entertainer after you've paid for your lap dance. 5. Hunk-O-Mania It’s true that ladies are welcome at strip clubs where female dancers are the ones gyrating. However, there’s a reason Magic Mike is so popular, and Hunk-O-Mania exists to bring it to life. Don’t worry if you’re shy or happily committed: Plenty of women enjoy the show without getting harassed for tips. While shows run Thursday to Sunday nights and single tickets are $25 if purchased in advance, it’s worth upgrading to VIP admission, which guarantees you a seat ($45-$65; $500 for groups of up to six). Up for anything? Get in the hot seat—a chair onstage—for a lap dance from one of the best performers.
6. PUMPS Pumps isn’t your traditional strip club—it’s a no-cover dive bar with topless dancers—but it’s every bit as fun and easier on your wallet, too. Beers are as cheap as $7 a pop ($4 if it’s happy hour), so you’ll have more cash to spend on the bikini-wearing beauties on poles atop the bar-length stage. There’s no real VIP room, but you can get lap dances in a private room in the back for about what you’d pay at a “real” strip club.
7. Flashdancers NYC This basement-level space fills up on Friday and Saturday nights, but by day it's still a popular destination for tourists and businessmen looking for a thrill. Neither skanky dive or executive club, Flashdancers is a clean, reliable place to appreciate beautiful women. Lap dances are $20, but you can opt for a back massage if you’re in need of some extra relief.
8. Hustler With 13 club locations worldwide, Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club empire aims to be classy and approachable, and it succeeds by featuring topless women who want to show you a good time without the intimidation factor. The NYC location features private skyboxes, a cigar lounge and a roof deck—a welcome change of scenery if you want a view of the city along with your entertainment. Lap dance prices are equivalent to other clubs in the city; massages will run you about $100.
9. The VIP Club New York While there’s only one stage at this venue, regularly there are at least 50 ladies. And open-minded women who come here with male friends needn’t worry about the lack of attention: The dancers aren’t shy about offering dances to female patrons. A platinum VIP card will get you free entry, which runs you $20 otherwise.
10 Cheetahs Club & Restaurant Save your appetite before visiting Cheetah’s: While it’s a strip club through and through, the real draw is nyotaimori: All-you-can-eat sushi served on a naked woman in its private Kabuki room ($250 per person). After you’re done eating your fill, lap dances will run you $20 each. You can also watch the game and the dancing from their bikini sports bar, if you’re in the mood for something a little less interactive.
11. Lace While it has two locations in the city and an innocent name, Lace is a no-frills establishment: Both spaces are small, slightly cramped and boast only one lonely stripper pole for performers. The good news: Like most other places, lap dances are only $20, and they offer frequent drink specials (two for one bottle service on Monday nights; the same deal on drinks during lunchtime).